Friday, July 5, 2013

Virtual Tea Party - You're Invited!

When: First Sunday in August - August 4, 2013
Where: Anywhere ~ Everywhere!

Gather your dolls and family and friends, and celebrate!

I’ve explored the web in search of invitation ideas, recipes, decorations, and freebies to share and get the juices flowing for your celebration! I’ve envisioned a tea party with lots of hats, lace, and white gloves. If this isn’t your cup of tea (excuse the pun), I’m certain you can easily modify the ideas to complete your themed gathering!

What about an ice cream social?!
What about a luau?!

Please leave a comment where/when you can on the websites/blogs,
let the folks know you appreciate their contribution!

Invitation ideas:

            Printable Party Kits
                          I thought this one was sweet... 

For online invitations, check out Punchbowl

Recipes:

            What would a Tea be without scones?! I found a “StuffedVanilla Pear Jam Scones” that looked amazingly scrumptious! If you've never tried scones... Flour on my Face has step-by-step directions (with pictures)!


            Southern Tea Cakes are perfect for a Tea Party!


            How could this be anything but fabulous? Two great tastes in one cupcake: strawberries and cheesecake! Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcakes



            Miniature Pies from Doll House Bake Shoppe!



Decorations:

Make it as simple or elaborate as you wish!

Some balloons, hopefully some fresh flowers, bows on chairs, and a tablecloth… or, 

            I found Celebrations at home offers lovely Tea Party Ideas!



            I went to Pinterest, created the board “Tea Parties” then did a search for ideas to share with you! Okay. I had to limit my time on Pinterest. If you’re not on Pinterest you won’t “get it” but trust me… the timer is your bff, otherwise the day will slip by unawares! I'll add more, so check back often!

             What about creating some Paper Flowers? You will find 38 different flowers to create (links to the blogs that give the instructions)!

Hats:

Everyone certainly needs a hat for a tea party!

These say “Easter Bonnets,” but would work nicely for a floppy Tea Hat! How fun!


Floral Party Hats would also be cute!
  

Tea Cups:

Do you need child and/or doll size tea cups? The Queen’s Treasures has quite a selection of fine china! This one is my favorite of the lot:

I did a search on eBay for “American Girl Doll tea cups” and found some! In fact, I bought a set for my doll Tea Party! They are a bit more casual than I had envisioned, but I’m flexible!



It's Party Time…

I hope I’ve given you some ideas to create your own doll tea party! I would love to hear what you did! Please, feel free to post your pictures to our Facebook page dedicated to National Doll Day!

2 comments:

  1. Lanetta ... I LOVE these wonderful ideas. Thanks for the invitation card too. I've never attended a Tea Party, but I look forward to having my first one. Thanks a bunch for inspiring us. Can't wait to see pictures of your parade.
    Good Luck! Dolly hugs ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diana,
      I'm thrilled you love the ideas and find the inspiration to have your first party!

      Can't wait to hear how your tea party went! There is a facebook page, feel free to post pictures, too!

      http://www.facebook.com/nationaldollday

      Delete